In my last column I went out on a limb and shared some stormy times rumbling through my faith life and soul. I was apprehensive to put it in print, but I was hopeful it would touch someone, someway, sometime.

I cannot thank readers enough for the outpouring of support through a plethora of emails, U.S. mail and person to person.

There were folks who reached out to offer me support, encouragement, prayers, suggestions and a pat on the head and a “You’re a good boy.” I have to tell you, the tail wag that has been absent for what seems forever began a comeback that I hope will grow and grow in the not-too-distant future.

And I was completely blown away by those who shared with me similar experiences, whether in the past or in the present. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for you and your courage to put it in print as well through emails and U.S. mail. Be assured of my prayers for you, a pat on the head and an reemergence of your own tail wag. Y’all are “good girls and boys.” I am with you all. Here’s praying for the day when we all have the 100 percent tail wag, like my beloved Igor’s whenever I returned home after being away for five minutes or more.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention and thank all of the veterans of every branch of the U.S. military, past and present. I wouldn’t be writing columns like this, or having the comforts of home that I so often take for granted if it wasn’t for you magnificent women and men.

I would particularly like to give a shout out to the two Loridas Jolivets in my life and the Ernest Vautrin — my dad and my two pépères.

My pépère Larry was born in Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada in January of 1887 (40 miles north of the most northern Maine border). He migrated to Fall River as a boy, became a U.S. Citizen and served in World War I in the Quartermaster Corps of the U.S. Army from 1917-1919. During that time he contracted the “Spanish Flu” and was not expected to live. He recovered and finished his military service.

My other Larry, my dad, born in 1921, enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1941, following the Dec. 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor (ironically, my pépère Larry died on Dec. 7, 1960), and served in the South Pacific aboard the U.S.S. Meade and the U.S.S. Kevin Whiting for the next three-plus years. After the war he was honorably discharged as a decorated veteran on Dec. 23, 1945, and came home, surprising his parents on Christmas Eve that year.

My pépère Ernie received his WWI draft card on June 5, 1917, but since he was already married with children, he didn’t have to go to battle.

I also want to give a shout out and thanks to a friend I’ve acquired through The Anchor, retired U.S. Army Captain Daryl Gonyon. Thanks to all of these men and to all women and men who are serving and have served.

Happy Thanksgiving to all readers, and thanks for sharing my words.